SyntaxHighlighter

July 8, 2012

Try Something New For 30 Days

My brother recently showed me this TED Talk from Matt Cutts in which he talks about trying out something new for 30 days.

Matt Cutts inspired me to do my own 30 day challenge, which will start tomorrow. Instead of having just one habbit added/subtracted I decided to bring several new things to my life and subtract one. I'm not sure whether this is the real idea behind these challenges, but I'll give it a shot and see whether it works for me.

The interesting thing about such challenges is that according to science a human needs about 21 days to form a new habit. Matt Cutts also said that the harder the challenge, the more unlikely it is that the habit will stick.

My Goals

  • no TV
  • 3 times jogging a week
  • 0.5 - 1 Unit Udacity a day
  • 1 hour learning Lisp a day
We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment